Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lennon's Quilt

Lennon made the transition to his 'Big Boy' bed wonderfully!  And to christen his new bed, he got a new quilt.  I originally picked up the jungle fabric at Joanns as a remnant and was planning on making a pillowcase for him--he had other plans for it and asked if I would make him a blanket.  I wasn't instantly on board with the idea, especially since he hated using blankets at the time, when he was still in his crib.  But I took the challenge and headed back to Joanns for more fabric!
I don't know what was going through my mind when I decided to make my very first quilt without a pattern--I just wanted to eyeball it.  It started out fine, but as the quilt got bigger and I had to fit the pieces together, I began to realize the ridiculousness of it all!  But it turned out great, and, more importantly, Lennon loves it!
Lennon knows it's his very own by the applique at the bottom, with his name and birthday. 
 A lot of times he likes to sleep with the quilt upside down so that he can see his name!

1 comment:

  1. When I was little, my dad made me a wooden treasure box and carved my name into the lid...40 years later, I still have it and treasure it as a symbol of love from my father.

    I'm sure that that your quilt will be a lasting keepsake for your son. Beautiful job on your first quilt!

    ReplyDelete